FAQ – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
It is where 80% of online Chinese shoppers go to shop every day. Taobao is also getting traction from international shoppers mainly because of its significant price advantage. Moreover, it is where you can find almost anything.
When you search for an item, you will find countless sellers trading for that product. In order to attract consumers & businesses, sellers charge the lowest possible price for their products. Aside from market competition, cheap labor in China is a dominant driver for cheap prices of various commodities.
If you import products from Taobao, it is beneficial for you to take advantage of Taobao Agent service as they know Taobao well and will handle everything to send those products to you, without hassle on your part.
We charge 5% for our Services with no minimum fee & order quantity. It includes storage, consolidation, drop shipping service, etc. What more, through our loyalty program, you can enjoy much lowered rates with value-added services!
Whether you are buying for personal or business purpose, our service is designed to add value & optimize your shopping experience. Learn more about our Pricing & Membership benefits here: www.taobaoage.com/pricing
See: How does Taobao Age. work?, , where we list down 6 steps in Order Fulfillment.
The following are the available payment methods to pay for our service:
Amazon eGift Card
Most popular payment method among our customers with ZERO PAYMENT PROCESSING FEE and FAST CONFIRMATION. You may purchase Amazon eGift Card using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express by following this link: goo.gl/hHa5hG. This payment method helps you save more money by avoiding high transaction fees charged by other methods.
Digital Currencies: Bitcoins, Ethereum, Litecoins
You can now shop on Taobao with the popular digital currencies like Bitcoins, Ether, and Litecoins! We only charge 1% PAYMENT PROCESSING FEE.
We also accept other cryptocurrencies like Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Dash, NEM, IOTA, Montero, EOS, Tether, Stratis, BitConnect, Zcash, and Antshares. See https://taobaoage.com/taobao-agent-accepts-cryptocurrencies.
Western Union or MoneyGram
You may pay us online which takes 2-3 business days for us to confirm your payment. You may also elect to pay in person at Western Union or MoneyGram locations nearest you by which we can confirm your payment within 24 hours.
Please provide us sender’s full name, location, amount & tracking number (MTCN). Follow these links to find the nearest agent in your location:
Western Union: www.westernunion.com
Bank Transfer (US Bank & China Bank)
If you reside in USA, you may find it more convenient and cheaper to pay through our affiliate’s US bank account as we only charge 10 USD for minimum transfer of 500 USD. Alternatively, if you choose wire transfer to our China Bank Account in CNY currency, you will be able to AVOID CURRENCY CONVERSION CHARGE, but banks normally charge fixed fee which is ideal for transfers involving larger amounts. Fee depends on your local bank.
Alipay or WeChat Pay
These are popular chinese payment methods you may use to pay for our services, with ZERO PAYMENT PROCESSING CHARGE, and NO CURRENCY CONVERSION CHARGE as it accepts CNY currency only.
One of the fastest, convenient, and secure payment methods. You can pay using your Paypal account or card directly (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) to pay for our services. We shall send you the Paypal invoice where you can make direct payment. Our Payment Processing Charge is 4%.
First Bill consists of the Product Price + Our Service Fee.
Our service fee is computed as 5% of Product Price.
You can pay us thru any of the available methods here: www.taobaoage.com/payment.
Second Bill is for local shipping and international shipping. Once we have confirmed your payment, we will ship your package according to your chosen shipping method.
Local Shipping is based on seller’s price, to deliver your products to our warehouse.
When you shop in Taobao, everything is stated in Chinese Yuan, as their functional currency.
At Taobao Age, we use US dollar as our main currency. We use the exchange rate 1 CNY = 0.1550 USD to convert Chinese Yuan to US Dollar. The exchange rate is subject to change from time to time. We will update our site for any changes that will affect how we compute your order.
We also accept payments in CNY via Bank Transfer, Alipay, and WeChat Pay, as well as digital currencies like bitcoins, ether, and litecoins. Contact us for more information.
However, due to time difference, from confirming stock availability to receipt of your payment, item may no longer be available, especially involving fast moving items. Taobao Age will inform you of the matter and will seek your advice whether we refund you for your payment or use the amount as credit for future purchase.
Refund via Paypal Service
PayPal charges us 0.30 USD per payment, even if the transaction is a refund. Thus, if you are requesting a refund with Taobao Age. the 0.30 USD will be deducted from total amount to be refunded. In other words, you shall cover the PayPal transaction fee of 0.30 USD in the refund.
But if you have preference in another shipping method, do let us know so we can make special arrangement for you.
Please contact Customer Service via live chat or email to [email protected], to quote you the price.
|Belts / Chains||200g||Nail art products||130g|
|Capacitor / Resistor||30g||Pants||330g|
|Cellphone case||80g||Plush cloth art toys||410g|
|Cosplay / accessories||340g||Purse||210g|
|Diode / LED||20g||Ring||20g|
|Doll / accessories||110g||Scarf||190g|
|IC integrated circuit||10g||Watch||340g|
Use our Cost Calculator.
- Antiques, works of art and fine art with an individual value in excess of USD 5,000
- Alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs, or any illicit or controlled substance or paraphernalia
- Animal fur products
- Banknotes, securities, traveler’s checks, currency, cash equivalents of any kind
- Bullion (of any precious metal)
- Clinical or biological samples (including but not limited to ****** fluids and tissue samples)
- Copyright infringing materials
- Counterfeit goods
- Dangerous / hazardous goods including but not limited to perfumes, aftershaves, aerosols, flammable substances, dry ice, biological substances, UN classified dangerous goods and any goods specified as such under International Air Transport Association regulations (“IATA”), the Agreement on Dangerous Goods by Road (“ADR”) or International Maritime Dangerous Goods (“IMDG”) regulations.
- Electronic cigarettes, Vaporizors or any related parts or paraphernalia
- Firearms or ballistic ammunition of any kind, including imitations, or any parts thereof
- Food Items
- Fuels, gasoline, matches, combustible substances of any kind
- Human remains or ashes
- Hunting (animal) trophies, animal parts such as ivory and sharks fin, animal remains or ashes, or animal by-products and derived products not intended for human consumption, prohibited for movement by the CITES Convention and/or local law
- Jewellery, costume jewellery, watches and objects constructed of precious metal and/or stones with a value in excess of £4,000 per waybill
- Laptop computers – No more than 1 laptop computer per package. Each package may not contain more than 1 lithium ion battery which must be contained within the laptop. No more than two packages per consignment. The shipment must not exceed £5,000 per waybill
- Lithium batteries:
- All lithium metal batteries – Lithium metal batteries are generally non-rechargeable and contain metallic lithium
- Loose lithium ion batteries – Lithium ion batteries do not contain metallic lithium and are rechargeable. These include power banks, USB chargers etc.
- Live animals (including but not limited to mammals, reptiles, fish, invertebrates, amphibians, birds, insects, larvae and pupae)
- Loose precious and semi-precious stones (cut or un-cut, polished or un-polished)
- Plants of any kind and in any form, including seeds, and animal specimens
- Pornographic material (whether in printed, film or digital format)
- Small electronic items, including mobile phones, containing lithium ion batteries – each package may not contain more than 2 batteries which must be contained within the electronic device. No more than two packages per consignment.
- Solar panels
- Used car parts and engines – only acceptable if all steps have been taken to nullify hazardous residues
- Weapons of any kind or any parts thereof, including swords, knives, bayonets etc.
- Other items that we, at our discretion, believe to be potentially dangerous, hazardous, or illegal.
There may be additional prohibited items specified by the country of destination. It is important for you to know your local custom policies as Taobao Age will not be responsible for any financial losses that may be incurred as a result. Moreover, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all the laws & regulations of the destination country.
The price is based on Seller’s price. If the seller offers free delivery in China then Taobao Age will not charge you domestic delivery fee.
A Member can earn reward points or loyalty points from every fulfilled order, equivalent to 1 point for every 1 dollar spent on Product Cost and Local Shipping. This can only be used as part of our loyalty program where we upgrade your membership to Gold or Platinum once certain Point Value Thresholds are met.
For more information, you may refer here: http://taobaoage.com/pricing.